Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday

Hey this is your new HCI Friday guest writer Jake88. You may know me from HockeyJerseyConcepts or my blog Jake88JerseyConcepts. If you know me from either of those sites you know I am the European guy, but I am from Pennsylvania and not Europe at all. Enough about me and on today's concepts.

Carolina Hurricanes (Caden)
My admin. Caden brings us the Carolina Hurricanes Harford style. The concept itself isn’t too bad but there are way to many execution errors for it to work. First of all the NHL switched to dark jerseys at home in the 2003-04 season. Secondly the hem stripe on the white jersey differs from the front to the back. Next, the Socks don’t match the jersey striping and the logo is very pixilated. Not to trash Caden’s design, but the jersey is just a recoloring of this, http://www.nhluniforms.com/Whalers/Whalers5.html. Here is my advice to fix this, go to Paint Users Paradise, and they will have all the templates you need. Also since I take that you use paint to make this download  Paint.net, HJC has a Tutorial, and that is what I use for my concepts. Concept Rating 6.8/10

Salavat Yulaev Ufa (Jake88[Me])
This my Ufa jersey for my KHL redesign which you can follow on Jake88JerseyConcepts and on HockeyJerseyConcepts. It is based off of their first KHL Uniforms,with some minor edits. I don’t rate my own concepts so if you like it tell me in the comments. Name On Back (NOB) is for Anton Babchuk.

Thanks, for reading this post and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.