Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday

Hey guys, you have Jake88, today and we have two new concepts for twosday, see what I did there. I also have some news. Of course, this isn't very important to the non-hardcore hockey fans, but European trophy just started and I am pretty excited! My favorite European team, Oulun Kärpät, will hopefully do better, and win the trophy!!!! Gotta get some merchandise, and wish I was there. Kärpät will play Berlin today and hopefully will win. You can follow the game here, but depending on what time you read this it may already be over.

St. Louis Blues (Caden)
If you read my advice to Caden on Friday, you can see he took it and made this. I like the idea of a yellow jersey for the Blues, but only as a alternate (if that were to happen they could build a home and away off their AMAZING alt., IDEA!!!!!). The problems I have with this set are mostly execution errors, such as, the T.V. numbers on the yellow jersey cutting into the piping, the Reebok logo on the back instead of the script, the AHL tag instead of the NHL (and the NHL shield isn't on the collar insert), and the blue behind the collar on the yellow jersey. But those are minor. My real problems with the set are the Number font (I would use a block font) the white numbers on the yellow jersey (BLUE), and the weird colored cuffs (just make them yellow). Other than that this reminds me of myself, when I began to make concepts,  thats good, I think. Concept Rating 7.8/10.

Washington Capitals (Anonymous)
The unnamed one sends us this Caps concept that I like. Again read my Friday advice to Caden, as I think it pertains to this concept too. The workmark on the back of the jersey looks cool except that on the red jersey the "washington" gets lost, so color that white. I also like the choice of logos. 7.5/10 (since it really isn't that original) 
      
Thats it for today, I of course will be keeping up on the European Trophy and if you like hockey you should too! In the coments tell me your favorite euro team. One more thing since HCI got a Twitter I did also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.