Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday: Without School is so Much Better!

Yep! Monday is so much better! So you're probably wondering why I don't have school today, right? Well living in the "mountains" of Pennsylvania has some advantages. With all the hillbilly hunters that live around here, and Monday the first day of deer season, we get a day off. Well for all of you that don't have a day off on Monday I can try to make your day better with some concepts.

              INDY FUEL COMP ENTRIES DUE SATURDAY
_________________________________________________________________________________

Phoenix Coyotes 4th Jersey (By Steve M.)
Lets start out with some positives, and there are a lot. The font definitely, surprisingly the lack of outline doesn't look bad and it fits with the jersey. The striping also looks great, and so does the light yoke. A light yoke normally doesn't work, but it looks great here! The a logos are certainly work here. Now here are the bad parts. I don't really like the white in the logo, I'd make that black or sand. The black collar sticks out to me, maybe make it a lace up or put a sand outline on it. Concept Rating 8.2/10

San Jose Sharks 3rd Jersey (Ricky M.)
This is Ricky's impression of how the Sharks should do their third jersey. I would love to see San Jose in an orange (or grey) jersey and this concept demonstrates a in which it really shouldn't be done. Sorry Ricky, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of this concept. I would like it say that there are some good parts of this concept though. I like the striping on the bottom of the jersey, and the logo usage is fine. If you dropped the extended yoke the arm striping would be fine too. The unfavorable parts include the numbers (I can't say the drop shadow works) and the name font looks crowded with all the outlines. Speaking of numbers, the TV numbers are gigantic! The lace up collar would be good, but the outlines should be switched according to the rest of the striping. Keep the normal yoke, and outline it the way the extended yoke and I think the concept will look a lot better. Not horrible, but with some fixes it could be much better. Concept Rating 6.5/10

Sarnia Sting (By Alan John Herbert)
HCI's weekend writer Alan brings us a concept out of his OHL redesign. Putting the honeycomb design on the Sting has been a popular thing to do among concept artists. Touching on the positive parts, the honeycomb works here, and so does the font. Sarnia's normal logos are fine, and I don't have any problems with the equipment. The angler striping would work but, I don't like how the striping wouldn't connect when the player would stand up. I would make it connect ala Mighty Ducks. The other down point is the socks, I think that if you put the honeycomb on them it would be better. Concept Rating 8.5/10

                                                                                                                                                                   

So do you agree with my ratings? Was I too tough on my critiques? Us writers love to know how our ratings could be better. On that note, bye and have a nice day!

1 comment:

  1. I purposely over-sized the TV numbers and I also wasn't sure how to do the name outline, and it didn't look good to me with just one in any coloring.

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.