Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday: Lightning striking Fuel! That doesn't sound good!


Wow, I used to write every other day, and now I'm here with my last post of the week! I'm happy that the site has grown so. Whooo! We have some jersey news! The Pens are releasing teasers of their staidum jersey which will be revealed Tommorow at 2 PM on "all of their social media platforms." You can check there twitter feed for more updates. That gives AJH the privilege of reviewing them on either Saturday or Sunday. Not much more to say, other than VOTE! 


Vote for the Indy Comp by Saturday!



You should get the drill by now! Concepts away!






Tampa Bay Lightning De-Edge Justin Sulpico

Well! Justin brings a concept to HCI after a 2 week drought. And I'm happy to see his fabulous work back on the site. As always I'm going to start with the (many) positives of the concept featured here. This concept pretty much erases all the fails of Reebok, but keeps the good elements from the Edge switchover. I like how you incorporated the modern logo on an old template, which you have done well with most of your De-Edge series. I like the simplicity of the jerseys too. Nothing too flashy or flamboyant. Just a nice, sweet, simple jersey. I'm not sure about the yoke on the home jersey. I'm torn between liking it and not liking it. I never really liked pre Edge or CCM yokes and I barely like Edge ones. It still looks pretty good and helps balance out the color on the home jersey. I like the number font but not the font for the NOB. I would have a block font with a double outline for the NOB as well. The same goes for the "Captians C." I would have also done a tie down collar for effect.

A 12/15 for this pretty nice De-Edge concept.






Indy Fuel Ricky Mazella

Ricky submitted this to the contest we are having on HCI, WHICH YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR! This concept has some good elements which I will try to focus on. Kudos to him for making an alternate jersey, which nobody else in the competition did. So that was a gutsy move. I would have made a black alternate and left the yellow as an accent, but only a couple teams in the ECHL have yellow jerseys so it would be unique. I'm not going to harp on negatives. The readers can figure out themselves what they dislike. I would like to mention a couple things. First, the socks. All ECHL teams have at least 2 pairs of socks. You might be able to get away with the red with the alternate but I still think all the socks should match.Or I would have made a yellow sock with the hem striping from the alternate, and pair it with the home jersey and have odd color socks like boston. I would have reversed it and made a white sock for the white set too. I would also like to say, other than the numbers, on the white jersey there is no yellow, and on the red and alternate there is minimal black. The striping just looks bad on all the jerseys as well.


There are many good features, but many bad ones too. (Like Buffalo's 3rd) a 7/15




Was I too harsh on Ricky? Do you like his concept? Do you dislike Justin's? What should either designer have done differently? That's what the site is for, and what the comments are for. Thanks for reading, and come back tomorrow to see Ricky himself and his 3rd HCI post.





~Caden

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.