Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday. Foxes and IceHogs Fueling to Buffalo!

Heyy everyone! Caden here to make your Tuesday that much better! I am experimenting with a NHL team rating system instead of the typical /10 rating way of the olde. Tell me what you think in the comments!  If you haven't seen the HCIHL standings you can check the page by clicking the league tab above this post, and for all the live scores and transaction updates, Check us out on ESPN by clicking here. Hearing all this about the HCIHL makes me want to go into our first jersey of the day which is a Foxes specialty jersey designed by team Owner Ricky Mazella. But not before...

Vote for the Fuel Comp entries, Get a free Atta-boy!


Skopke Lisici (Foxes) [Designed by Ricky M.]


So, Ricky designed this for his HCIHL team, the Foxes to wear Christmas week, and for a specialty jersey it's decent. Since its just a recoloring of their current template. I'm not a fan of there current template but I'm not reviewing that. The green fill in the middle would look better red. I don't like that on any of their current jerseys there isn't the main logo on it, even as a shoulder logo.  A character wearing a hat would be a good opportunity to use the real logo. or just switch it around and have the "shadow fox" as the main logo and the other one as an alternate. The font woks for a team from Macedonia but the NOB should be a bit bigger. on the other side of that scale the TV numbers are too big. This concept kinda reminds me of the Rivermen Star Wars jersey, Except that Star Wars is Sci-Fi, and Christmas is not.

Would pass, but could be better.



Indy Fuel {Designed by Ryan Laden]

I like where this concept is going, so I will start with the positive. He incorporated yellow pretty well in this concept something I found hard to do. The number font also looks pretty good. On the negative side of things, The white jersey has no black striping, and minimal red. The numbers need to be bigger both on the arms and back. I don't get why the alternate logo is on the back hem and not on the yoke. If you (or someone) could explain that to me please?


What I would do: Make the bottoms of the arms black, and make the outline on the numbers red on the white jersey.. Make the numbers bigger overall as well. I would also have chosen a font without serifs and put the alternate logo on the (even one) shoulder[s] and remove it from the hem.


Good. With a couple improvements it would be great!




Rockford IceHogs [Designed by Caden P. (Me)]

I made this jersey for the AHL special jersey master (It was close 'tween them and Hershey), The Rockford IceHogs. It seems like it needs something, but I cant think of what. I always like suggestions in the comments telling how me (and other designers) can improve. That's the reason I made this site in the first place!



Buffalo Sabres Winter Classic [Designed by Dylan Wonka]

I'm really not sure why the pepsi branding is so prominent in this jersey. I'm sure pepsi had roots there but is said on wiki that pepsi was started in NC. If that was explained I would be fine with it. That would also apply to the color scheme and all that too. I really like the way the striping is done, Including all the colors. I really don't have any problems with the jersey, but I don't like the logo. It seems like something that would have to be screen printed, which look really bad on Reebok jerseys. Example being the Stadium jerseys. The numbers might be a smidge too big as well. Besides that the execution is perfect! Another great concept from Dylan!


Can barely get better, but it can get better. An amazing concept! 


*UPDATE* Ok. I get why now. Thanks for the comments!



Did you like my rating system? What other rating ideas do you have? Leave a note in the comments and it may be used in a future post! As always, Thanks for reading!


~Caden















2 comments:

  1. Pepsi has nothing to do with Buffalo, the AHL Bisons decided to use that style of branding for whatever reason. However, there is a Coca-Cola distribution center in the Tonawandas north of the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The AHL Buffalo Bisons owner at the time owned the Pepsi factory that was downtown at the time, making the Pepsi bottle cap logo with 'Buffalo' in place of 'Pepsi'. The Sabres for their 40th anniversary jersey if you remember used the script I used as a modernization hint back at the first Buffalo club. I tweaked the old logo by adding the new script, making it a full throwback to the original Buffalo hockey team!

      Delete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.