Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Tuesday. Starbucks for Fuel.

         Hello concept folk! Caden here again on a wonderful Tuesday! We've had a lot of views coming from the "Hockey Memes" page on facebook. So if you're new, Welcome!  It's clear that your on this site, But have you checked the NEW HCIHL website out yet? It has standings, team bios, expansion guide, and more! If you haven't seen it you can always click the HCIHL tab at the top of the page or click here. 

         There aren't any plans to have smaller posts or none at all over Christmas week. As they say, The show must go on! Trust me, As an admin or a person I wouldn't make Jake write on Christmas Day. There will be a post but it will be prescheduled for the usual time of 1:30 EST. Keep checking in for updates. After Christmas we will have a new contest but we are still in the planning stage at this time. More to come! Tis the season to have concepts! Fa La La La La...


Blue Jays Comp entries due Saturday!


Indy Fuel [Alan John Herbert]

Weekend writer Alan submitted this as his entry to the Indy Fuel contest, and it ended up winning! 
I like the way the stripes were done on the home (white) jersey. The black helmet looks good and would work with the white jersey too in this case. The pants stripe would benefit from losing the yellow. And speaking of yellow, It's not prominent enough in the logo to have that much importance in the red jerseys striping. I would have switched the black and the yellow. I would have also made either the Numbers/NOB black or the outline black because yellow on white doesn't really work. Another thing I don't like is there is no homage to Indianapolis. Indy has enough history that you could have done something with it. Dylan did the car tire tracks and me and McElroy did the checkered flag pattern (McElroy much more subtly). That's my only beef with the set as a whole and if you fix the colo(u)r balance on the red jersey you got it!

You finished the race! In first place... A 9.2/10 and if I wrote for HJC it would be a COTW nom from me. Hey! I'm a poet and I didn't realize it!







"Team Starbucks" Fan Jersey [Dawn D. {My Mom}]

Ok, So my mom made this as a fan jersey, and this is her first (last) concept. I'm not going to harp upon execution errors since it was her first concept. I would like to point out a couple things about the design though. First thing, I would have used the Starbucks logo full size so it could be a "real" logo and not screen printed. I would have also removed the tan and replaced the brown with black, since it actually appears in the logo. A cool idea for a fan jersey, and not bad design for her first concept. Just shuffle/change some of the colors and you'll be set.

First fan jersey on HCI, could be improved to make it look better. A 4.5/10


(If anyone doesn't know what a fan jersey is, It's a jersey designed for fans to wear, but not for the team to wear on the ice.)



Did you enjoy today's post? Do you want more concepts and better quality ones than a Starbucks fan jersey? Send in everything! Logos, Jerseys, We will also post your jersey collection if you send a pic in!
That's all for today, Big announcements coming soon. See Ya!










No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.