Saturday, January 11, 2014

Saturday: All a board!

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. Another Saturday HCI post by yours truly, sadly I got nothing to rant about so let's get to some concepts shall we.
Blackhawks vs. Penguins Stadium Series Concept [by Ware]
 Up points: The stripes on both jerseys are excellent, the logos are classy, and nice. Nothing else much to say about, nice set!
Down points: On the Pens the chest stripes didn't go all the way back around, and no white trim around the numbers. The only thing on the Blackhawks is the number on the back of the jersey.
Suggestion: On the Pens, add white trim around the numbers so that the chest stripes can go all the way around. On the Hawks make the numbers on the back white and it's all good.

Altoona Express [by Jake88]
 Up points: The design is spot on, the fonts on both numbers, and nameplates is an good choice. The logo is original and good, mostly the logo on the alternate is very good.
Down points: On the road looks too plain to my taste with just gold pipings.
Suggestion: Add black or maroon piping on the road. Make the alternate logo the main logo for both home, and road.

Well that's today post, hopefully you all have a good weekend like I will, before I go, I got a random hockey video from the good old YouTube! Hope you all enjoy it. It's an footage from the 2010 Winter Olympics Gold metal game between Canada, and USA with Sid's "Golden Goal" in 5 different telecast. Until then, I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to.

 

1 comment:

  1. Depressing . . . I wasn't behind the story in 2002, but that Canadian team will always be better equipped than the 2012 team ever could be. They sort of also propelled the 2010 team by bringing hockey back to Canada after those long years since 1952. If we were talking women's, you can't chose a team except to exclude the 1998 team.

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.