Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Israeli Flames (Plus the First Post of 2014!)

So today is the big day, finally we get to see another Winter Classic! Oh yeah, today's also the first day of 2014, and January, but do we really care about that? Speaking of which this years Winter Classic should be one of the best looking ones yet! Especially since there will be two colored teams playing against each other for the first time since the Kings played in yellow. Can't wait to watch it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Calgary Flames (By Matt Mc.)
I see what Matt's attempting (or at least I think I do) at making the pre-edge jersey like the older jerseys that feature more white. Though I don't see any real problems with this, I just can't say I'm a fan. Maybe something around the yoke (like the new shoulder patch) would help. Also I'd keep the old number font. Speaking of numbers.... Where are the TV numbers? Concept Rating 7.2/10
 
Team Israel (Caden P.)
Caden brings us a concept he used for the IIHF bottom ten comp. Other than the side panels and chest stripe on the blue jersey, these look like Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys. Despite this it really isn't that bad, but still not that original. The third jersey is different and I can't really say I like the striping that much. I'm also curious as to why the collar is navy. Speaking of numbers.... There aren't any! Concept Rating 6.4/10
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
Did you like todays concepts, there wasn't anything that blew me out of the water today, but maybe you thought so, tell me why in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.