Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday: Lack of News

Well we to be in a pretty long period of time with out any jersey unveilings, I'm sure it's been worse, but with the Olympics days away and half the teams (Switzerland and Sweden officially, Norway, Slovenia, and Austria) haven't unveiled their respective jerseys yet. As we wait for these to come out, you can read the two new Altoona Express articles on HCIHL.blogspot.com or click on the HCIHL tab on the tab bar. We will definitely be starting a new comp soon, so be ready for that.

____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Team Canada (By Mat R.)
Mat is been making some pretty good concepts lately and this is no exception. I don't really like how the leaf doesn't finish on the back of the jersey, because it should continue onto the back. Also I don't know about it, but I might add a colored in collar. I also think that the numbers don't really need the two outlines, it would fit more with the logo if they didn't. Concept Rating 8/10
 
2016 Winter Classic Detroit V.S. Colorado (Justin S.)
                              
Well I actually see where Justin is coming from with the Detroit striping. I don't think that they've ever used it in their existence, but it was on their 2009 Winter Classic socks. I also think that Justin is referencing the proposed Nordiques jersey design that they would have worn if think didn't move. I think I'll start with Detroit first. I really liked this years Winter Classic number font, and I think it would good here, using the logos and fonts, other than that nice job. Colorado is... different. I don't think that the numbers would be difficult to see in that shade. Though I like amount of blue used, I think that more burgundy and less silver would look good. One execution note, there are no TV numbers on the Detroit jersey. Concept Rating 8.4/10
 
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
Well that's it for today, see you on Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.