Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday: A Vey Uninspired MLK Day

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. day from HCI! Right now I probably couldn't complete a hockey jersey concept if my life depended on it so, I've decided to write this post. Yay. Here are your weekly HCIHL scores.

Evansville Rivermen 175.9 - Altoona Express 106
Skopje Lisici 224.8 - Hamilton Stags 144.1
London Sabreswords 195.2 - Louisville Lynx 159.2

On to the concepts!

____________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hartford Whalers (By Dallas K.)

 Hartford's a franchise that defiantly should come back. So Dallas takes on the challenge of giving them jerseys. Lets dive in!

I don't like how... plain the striping is. A lot of teams already use patterns that are very similar to it. Maybe angling the striping and adding some white in the blue jersey's striping and silver in the white, would make it more unique. The only other issue I can't get past is the lack of (a large) outline on the logo on the blue jersey. I feel if you put a larger outline on it it would be a lot more visible. Concept Rating 7.5/10 Good but with some changes it could be great.

Charlottetown Islanders   (By Robb C.)
Robb's work is very impressive for being so "young" of a designer. The striping is very well done. I wish something more was done with the collar (extra outline, ect...). I don't find the piping yoke very necessary on the black jersey, and I think that there should be used more in the striping on the white. I'd have to see how the pants looked in real life before I make a decision on if I like them or not. I also think that I more "special" font should be used, one that matches the logo. Concept Rating 7.9/10 Like Dallas' Good but with some changes it could be great.
 
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
So that's all for today.
Bye and keep reading the blog for more and more good concepts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.