Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday. Cancellations, Concepts and -4

So yeah. The Icemen home game this week was cancelled because Toledo's bus couldn't make it to Evansville because of the ice. The Icemen traveled straight to Greenville to play a 2 in 2 there and try to regain 1st place as we are only 1 point behind Cincinatti. In Evansville outside the hockey team, it is as low as -4° F and  only as high as 20°. When we start the new compitition I I will let you know! I'm working out final details and working with our usual contest banner designer to come up with a banner and logo and such. In HCIHL news the Rivermen are currently having a bad week with ## points compared to London's ##. So yeah, concepts...


Retro Modern Wild Wing (Ricky Mazella)
It's always nice to see a series on HCI. It makes readers want to come back for more, and it seems complete. Not just an out of the blue random redesign of a team or such. This is what designer Ricky Mazella had to say about his new "Retro Modern" series. "The idea is to take designs from the pre-Edge jerseys and create them with modern franchise schematics, taking old elements and applying them to new concepts (as it pertains to concept making)."

What I like: The Ducks need a full time orange jersey. The striping good as well

What I don't like: the design isn't that creative. It's just the original wild wing jersey with minimal modifications. Aniheim for the series I would have tried to do a slanted striping (like the old eggplant) orange, black, and bronze jersey with the "D" as the crest and the original duck mask logo on the shoulders.


Concept Rating: It's hard to rate this, because I see where you are coming from. Yet I don't think the design is that creative nor do I like the original wild wing jersey. The series looks cool though.



Pittsburgh Pens (Matthew McElroy)

So McElroy made and sent in his complete NHL redesign at one time, and we just have to finish posting them. 

What I like: The template. Not IceBorn in general, but the striping and off color arms on this specific jersey. I like the mismatching hem stripes also. Both jerseys are colored.

What I don't like: Switch the logo and we could have a Bruins jersey. I'm not really a fan of black and gold Pittsburgh concepts. They switched from that scheme for a reason. I would rate the blue Pittsburgh colors 2nd on my list below Vegas gold.

If this striping was either blue or Vegas gold, a 9/10 but for now, a 7.5 out of 10 from personal preference.





Thanks for reading! Leave a comment and tell you freinds about the blog! Come back tomorrow as former HJC writer Ricky Mazella "tackles" his 5th post of his HockeyConceptIdeas career, as the Indy Colts continue in the NFL playoffs.


~Caden




No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.