Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thursday: I'm sad now

Hey HCI fans! A couple big changes going on. A redo of our site to a more simple design. There are a couple of kinks to work out but in the most part it looks good. 2ndly, a new writer for Wednesdays. Joey has applied for HockeyJerseyConcepts in the past, and will be a good addition to our site. Why am I sad, you may ask? Well, both concepts today are for team in the warm Caribbean, and it made me feel even colder.



Bahamas. Even sadder. This is a nice looking concept. Flag is incorporated well. I actually like the "Bahamas" on the arms. I would have put a small "visit" above it, like the Orlando Solar Bears do on their jerseys. I like the logo, the numbers could use an outline though. The effect of not having white on the blue jersey is a nice one. I would have made the tie down blue as well so their would only be one change between both jerseys. Like the Swiss Olympic jerseys.








This looks more like a North Pole concept than a Caribbean one! I would have thinned the striping so all 5 stripes fit in the space that 4 take up now, and moved the star down. With the extra space above the star I would put a Buffalo3rdesque wordmark below the collar. The shoulder patch is neat and simple. A solid jersey design here from Dallas.



Do you want to have your concepts featured on our blog. Send them in at hockeyconceptideas@gmail.com. We will post any concept sent in, so keep em coming!

~Caden

Follow me on Instagram, @cadenpataf
Twitter @cpatafie
And follow the blog by entering your email into the box on the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.