Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday: Hurricanes in Minnesota???

So. How's your Tuesday? I'm writing this while watching Duck Dynasty and looking at Evansville Rivermen stats off two straight losses. We lead the Altoona Express 14.8 to -4 after one day, So I think we're doing better. My computer is broken and I'm writing this on my iPad, I will have the competition stuff up as soon as possible. Sorry. We have some good concepts today with a talented designers. So let's go!








Carolina Hurricanes [Justin Sulpico]

Justin Sulpico brings us a boxy Canes concept. I like simple concepts. Simple is the new... What? I wish you would have kept it simple. The red stripe could be narrower, the black one thicker. I would have outlined the black one on the home jersey with white. Though the hurricane flag aspect on the jerseys is interesting, I would have toned it down hella lot. Mabye have it as a captaincy patch. With too much it looks youth leaguey.

Concept rating 5.6/10, with the changes made a easy 8/10









Minnesota Wild [Matt McElroy]


I'm honestly so fed up with Minnesota's identity crisis that if the two jerseys match, I will like them 100X better. I might be exaggerating a little, but the Wild need matching jerseys. These don't exactly match, but they are the same design. I like the vintage white jersey, I would have added a vintage white stripe on the pants. I would also have used the font from the Wild's new white jersey, and made the logo 4% larger. A small but big change.

A nice Minn concept with minimal flaws. A 9/10   





If you think it's cool to have your concepts reviewed by one of our 5 talented writers? You can send in your own concepts at hockeyconceptideas@gmail.com


~Caden





No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.