Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tuesday. I might be mutated, nobody knows.

Oi jack! Caden's here again from Beautiful* (*Not Really because we don't have water because the chemicals from West Virginia came all the way down the river to here and the whole town smells like 2 year old licorice mixed with dead fish...) Evansville Indiana! I think the writers pick is a cool idea for a concept, it shows (no matter the rating) what the best concept is. Speaking of concepts, get to it shall we?

*EDIT BY CADEN* Ok, So it ends up we can drink our water, I wrote the intro on Sunday where everyone was making a big deal about it.



Winnipeg Jets [Dallas Kirkpatrick]
  Ah, I like this concept, but this is almost exactly what I invisioned the Fapitals wearing! Take off the front numbers and change the logo and you have a good Caps concept. Take off the front numbers and you have a good Jets concept. Either way the front numbers have to go. Also, would the Phoenix Coyotes let the Jets use the old logo? Or is it not even their decision, but the NHL's? Not sure, but something to look into when you're planning an event.



Colorado Avalance [Robb Clarke]
Although the Colorado state colors would be good colors for a minor league team, the Avs have good colors already, and I wouldn't change them. I do like the idea of a blue jersey for the Avalance. Maybe blue with maroon and black as secondary colors? The block font is fine, but I would have used the Av's current font. The concept as a whole is fine, but nothing says Colorado (other than the colors) or Avalance. I would take the good elements from this jersey and create a new design.

*2ND EDIT BY CADEN* A Heritage Jersey! The sense this makes is great! I thought it was an alternate which I didn't like. But as a jersey giving homage to the Rockies it's cool. 






After careful thought I have decided to give my writers pick nomination for this post to neither Robb's Avalance concept. I thought it better than Dallas's.


~Caden

2 comments:

  1. Caden,

    I think you missed the whole purpose of my Avalanche concept. It would be a heritage concept as a tribute to the Colorado Rockies. Hence the colour change to the logo and matching the style of the Rockies jersey.

    Regardless, thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.