Saturday, February 1, 2014

Saturday: 1st day of February!

Howdy everyone, Alan here for another wonderful Saturday here at Hockey Concept Ideas. Yes is day one of February, and tomorrow is the Super Bowl! Today we got only 2 concepts, but first I got another rant I want to type about, let’s get on ranting shall we.

San Fran got “Bulled” out.
Remember last week that I said the San Francisco Bulls could be moving or fold? Well 2 days after my rant the team ceased operation, I been informed by many from Caden, to Icethetics (my jersey news bible) about this. Well that’s a no surprise to me, what’s surprise me was the Bulls wasn’t the first team to fold mid-season, in fact the last team to fold mid-season was the Augusta Lynx, that I didn’t know. Beside that this news remind me of the WHA now that’s what I called having bad market teams, don’t believe me, google it, and you’ll won’t believe on how many teams folded, relocated, and ceased mid-season that lead to the merge with the NHL.
I’m done ranting for now, so let’s get to some concepts O.K.

CCCP Concept [by Justin S.]
 Up points: Nice work on the lines on the arms. Stars are a good touch on the yokes. Lastly a hem stripe "yay!"
Down points: With just single lines on both arms, hem, including numbers, and word mark logo makes the jerseys plain to me.
My Suggestion: Add trims and you got a winner.

Team Canada IIHF Concepts [by K14]
Up Points: Like the logo, it maybe plain but it's a classic. Real lace is a good sign. Red and white only is alright with me. Two maple leafs as hem is fine with me.
Down point: Using the Toronto Maple Leafs shoulder patch as shoulder patch for Team Canada is alright, but I felt like is unfitting to me, it has the Maple Leafs vibe to it.
My Suggestion: Change the the Shoulder patch to make look less Maple leafs.

So after that is the Team Canada concept gets my writers pick. Here's once again everyone's favorite segment the "Hockey Videos from Youtube! (Double video edition)" Today is former TSN, and current Fox sports 1 anchor Jay Onrait calling hockey games featuring Sergei Bobrovsky!

Well that's today, come by tomorrow for Super Bowl Sunday post of HCI, until then, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.