Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday: Ice, Snow, Slush? Not really!

Well, here in Evansville, there is about 2 inches of snow on the ground. Supposedly that is enough to cancel school. I'm not mad about that, but all of my extracurricular activities have been cancelled as well. I'm sure Justin or Joey, anyone from Canada would laugh at us, but the city is literally shut down over 2 inches of snow! 


Team Canada (Spengler Cup Version) Alan John Herbert

Evansville IceMen goalie Allen York played for Canada in the Spengler Cup. I didn't know about it before, but it is now one of my favorite hockey tournaments. Only below the Olympics and the Memorial cup.

Design: I like the logo. It wouldn't work anywhere outside the Spengler Cup, but it looks good here. I'm got it gets some use. I like the jersey elements, but the black gloves aren't doing it for me. There isn't any black in the jersey, and the gloves would look better red and white.

Execution: Reebok (or or whatever jersey manufacturer) would probably want there logo on the jersey somewhere. I would place it on the front above the logo. Also, the Würth ads should be placed on the socks as well. Not as big, but the same.




Florida Panthers Dallas Kirkpatrick

The Panthers have potential for great jerseys, I think the current logo brings them down, this is a fix.

Design: I like the new logo. I would remove the sticks, and just have the circle with the panther coming out. I like the focus on blue, and I like that red wasn't used in the striping. I think blue numbers on the home jersey wouldn't stand out enough. Silver with a blue outline would be fine.

Execution: Nothing really. Your execution is as perfect as it gets.




Thanks for reading. Send in your own jersey designs, and me or one of our other talented writers will critique them to help make your work better.



~Caden

Instagram @cadenpataf
Twitter @cpatafie




No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.