Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday: The Winds of Change.

Something big is coming to HCI! But we can't tell you anything just yet. Hang on to your seats because it's going to be one heck of a ride. Until then, I will continue as normal like I am supposed to. Welcome to another installment of HCI Fridays! I am glad to present your with another pair of concepts by some of our regular contributors, And my goodness, the NHL blew up with all those trades. The Sabres are receiving a D- for their efforts since they gave almost nobody a chance to do much by getting rid of the better players (mainly Halak of the HCIHL's Foxes and now NHL's Capitals {hello, you need a goalie, Buffalo!}). As for my Ducks, a mediocre C+. Speaking of pluses and minuses, they gave away the team's season-leading plus/minus getter and lose a scorer - something newly acquired Stephane Robidas is not. I liked Fasth, but he has been injured and we needed temporary cap room and we have three other goalies more than qualified. But enough of my trade problems, it's time for some concepts.

Philadelphia Flyers
Submitted by: K14 Koncepts

To be honest, I am very surprised something quite like this hasn't been developed by the Broad Streeters. I would however like to see the black cuffs remain on this jersey or at least thicken the striping a little bit. The Blue Jackets looking captain's crest is not enticing for me to be used, but I like very much where this is headed.

Irish Hockey League
Submitted by Nick Spiteri

Another one of Nick's rugby inspired kits. The balance of color is well attributed. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the hem stripe and if it should go all the way down to the bottom or be moved towards the bottom at the hem. The colored collars are a good choice to add some additional contrast.

With the trade deadline behind us, it will be interesting to see what happens going forward this season. I created two goalie masks on the St. Louis/Buffalo trade last week and hope those will be up here soon. Until then, it's just another start to the weekend.

-Ricky

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.