Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday: 5 outdoor games down, 1 to go.

Hey guys, Justin here, writing on a pre-written post on a Saturday night. It's because tomorrow (today, March 2nd) i'm going to the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic!!! (gotta be correct with the full name). My seats are in the middle of the stadium's upper bowl. So what are usually nosebleeds for football games are the middle-priced seats for this game. I got my Millionaires jersey around last year because the Canucks wore them for a game against the Red Wings. The game starts at 1pm and they got a big fan festival the whole morning before the game. By the time this is published, i'll be sliding my butt into a seat at BC Place. Anyway, to the concepts!


 My swag (Photo courtesy: Justin Sulpico)


Denver Nuggets (by: Stephen S.)
 I see lots of things off here, but i'll start with the things you got right on this. I really like the cityscape logo. I have a Nuggets t-shirt with the old logo on it and it looks AWESOME. I also like the checkered yoke. The jersey would look plain without it. Lots of "first-time" mistakes here, I'll point them out so you can improve with your later concepts. First, both jerseys look nice but the yellow one would work better as a 3rd jersey. A white jersey would look just as good as it. Second, the arm striping irks me. Either have the arm striping match the chest stripe or vice-versa. And the striping shouldn't be visible in the buildings on the chest. On the back, the striping SHOULD be visible in between the numbers. The arm numbers should be larger and the bit of fabric showing on the front of the jersey should be coloured in. The chest number, chest stripe and logo should be higher on the front. The sock striping should be lower. With these minor details, this could be a superb concept. Try this, go onto your computer sometime and edit this with the changes I suggested. It would look much better, probably better than one of mine.

Rating: 7/10. I get the idea of it, very creative, but the minor changes make a major difference.


Team Kazahkstan (by Joey F.)


Borat is pleased with this concept. I like the "sash" effect here with the striping taken from the flag. The striping is clean with no flaws. The big thing here is that there is NO STITCHING OUTLINE. If you are using Photoshop, I highly recommend uncheckmarking "anti-alias" at the top. That way  the colour doesn't "dye" the grey stitching dark teal. Because this is an international team concept, either use the Nike IIHF template or place the correct tags and markings on the jersey. Bonus points for the sun/eagle thingy captain patch.

9/10. Fix up the stuff, but it looks good. If this was HJC, a COTW from me.


I'm done here. It's off to the Heritage Classic for me!

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment

HCI is a site where concept artists send in their concepts to get constructive criticism. Any comment that is profane, mean spirited, racist, or has nothing to do with hockey concepts will be removed.